No matter if you’ve worked with a therapist in the past or this is your first time, deciding to enter therapy can be scary and intimidating.
Finding just the right therapist is crucial and not to be taken lightly.
You’re sharing parts of your life that are private and often very sensitive.
Fear of being judge keeps many women out of therapy.
I get it. It’s not easy opening up to a stranger.
By the time you’re done reading this page you will clearly know if I am the right therapist for you. Alright, let’s jump…
My ideal client is a woman who…
- Is not afraid of doing the work required for moving forward.
- Has been “through the ringer” so to speak.
- Has been in more negative relationships than good ones.
- Knows she cannot endure another heart break, disappointment, or rejection.
- Is more than ready to make serious changes, but has no clue of where to begin.
- Is in too much emotional pain and overwhelm in order to think clearly.
The client who truly benefits from therapy with me is no longer willing to put up with the nonsense of others. However, she feels stuck, unsure, a little scared that if she stands her ground and says “enough is enough” she’ll be left all alone.
I am a very interactive therapist. Meaning, I engage with my clients. I talk and engage during the session, ask challenging questions that leave my clients with a lot to think about, offer feedback. My clients develop the ability to see their lives and the lives of others from different perspectives through our discussions, exercises, therapeutic techniques, workshops, and retreats.
My clients learn how to become “observers” of their choices and the behaviors of those around them. This enables them to experience an event or memory without the constant negative emotional triggering that is always right there, just below the surface.
This is extremely helpful in overcoming fears of being alone or rejected. My clients learn how to engage in life from a higher perspective, not so caught up in the emotional “tug of war” going on between many couples and people in general. What a relief this can bring.
The client who receives the most benefit from working with me has reached a crossroads. She can’t go backwards. But, is unsure of how to move forward. It’s the “Great Unknown,” which we are all a little afraid of. She has come face to face with herself.
Her Soul refuses to be silenced. It is now or never. She knows she can no longer hide who she is, her dreams, passions, purpose, nor does she wish to.
She wants to be in a relationship, but not one that prevents her true self from shining through. Although she is afraid of being alone, alone is better than remaining where there is no emotional support, love, and respect. However, her fear of being alone or lonely keeps her stuck. And round and round we go.
Calling up a therapist and asking for help can be nerve-wracking because what if they’re not a good fit? That’s why I am sharing here the type of client that works best with my style. There is no one therapist that is “one size fits all”.
She knows without a shadow of doubt the majority of her success is upon her.
There is no therapist who can sprinkle pixie dust over her client and “Voila”, they are all better. Actually, I wish I had some pixie dust on occasion, it would have come in very handy!
Progress of any kind requires commitment. My ideal client is ready, willing, and able to:
- Commit to change and the work that is required to realize it.
- Consider ideas and perspectives that will challenge their current belief system. These are meant to free her from negative beliefs and mindset.
- Learn how to become her own negative and false beliefs detective.
- Learn how to boldly face her fears, which more often than not are a creation of our imagination to keep us safe.
- Learn how to challenge old beliefs that she knows in her heart are keeping her stuck.
- Learn how to create new beliefs that are better suited and supportive of the life she dreams of creating.
Therapy is not a quick fix. Remember, you did not arrive at this point in your life overnight. It is a result of your many, many choices over the course of years. Expecting instant success is not realistic.
We have too many blocks, defense mechanisms, and excuses in place. We create them as a means to keep us safe from the real and not so real threats of life. These mental blocks, negative beliefs, etc. can be very resistant to change.
Actually, who really likes change? It’s scary. It takes time to acknowledge, identify, and heal from a life of less than stellar choices.
We’ve all been there. We’ve all made messes of our lives at one time or another. It’s okay. Life is meant to be messy because humans are messy. We’re all trying to figure life out and no one person has the answer.
Breath, let go of the guilt, relax. Your life is a journey of discovery. Are you ready for the next step? The step that can offer you freedom and peace of mind, confidence, and joy?
Haven’t your put your life on “Hold” long enough?
What are you waiting for? Schedule a complementary 20-minute consultation appointment today so that you can decide if now is the time and if I am the right therapist for you.
And now, here’s a little about me…
- I was born & raised in Southern California. Being naturally curious by nature has led me into various fields of study. I have a varied background in numerous endeavors.
- I earned my master’s degree in clinical psychology, with an emphasis in marriage family therapy in 2002, from Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, California.
- Worked as a marriage and family therapist for the past 18+ years in Southern California, Nevada, and now Florida.
- I am a certified Quantum Healing Hypnotist® by Dolores Cannon.
- I am a certified Vision Board Coach® by Joyce Schwarz bestselling author of “The Vision Board – The Secret to An Extraordinary Life” and the Vision Board Institute.
- I am a certified hypnotist and instructor through The National Guild of Hypnotists.
- I am a 2nd level Reiki practitioner.
- I am also working toward my Law of Attraction Coach certification through the Law of Attraction Training Center founded by Rebecca Hanson.
- As you have read, I have not limited my training to just psychology. My personal belief is that we are mind, body, and spirit. It is important we address all three parts of ourselves.
My tastes are eclectic and I have many interests. My open-mindedness and accepting approach makes me the ideal choice for the woman who is ready for change, but not in your standard, ordinary, run-of-the-mill way. She is looking for a therapist who thinks outside the box. In fact, this is where clients can manifest their most powerful changes, where the magic truly happens, and where the real treasures can be found.
Time is a precious commodity. Isn’t it time you began spending and living it the way that makes you happiest?
Well, if you’re still reading, then maybe it’s time you ask yourself the following..
- Am I Ready to move out of my imprisoning comfort zone and into a life that makes total sense to me because it is my soul’s blueprint?
- Am I Ready to take back control of my life?
- Am I Ready to let all the nonsense go?
If you are More Than Ready, go ahead and click on the scheduling button to schedule a complimentary 20-minute telephone consultation with me. Let’s chat and see where you’re at. Maybe you’ve been ready to make powerful changes for a few weeks, months, or even years. It does not matter how long. What matters most is your taking action NOW.
A life-changing action that can lead to FINALLY …
- Speaking Your Truth.
- Setting Healthy Boundaries.
- Never Settling for anything Less Than Your Heart’s Desire.
- Finding the love you so deserve.
- And most beautiful of all…Embracing Your Inner Lioness.
American Association of Marriage Family Therapists
National Guild of Hypnotists