Forty-four year old Charlotte has been married for 22 years to a man she believed had been faithful. She had been and assumed Kevin had too. Well, so much for beliefs and assumptions. “Look where it got me”, she says. Kevin had been distant and distracted for over a year. Charlotte thought it had to do with his job and the jerk of a boss he worked for. She knew he was worried about getting older. At 55, he still looked handsome, but there were signs of wear showing around the edges.
Charlotte dreamed they would grow older together as lovers, partners, friends into their “golden years”. That dream came to a screeching halt one fateful afternoon, 4:02 p.m. to be exact. Six months later, Charlotte continues to struggle with the heart break of her husband’s infidelity.
How did this all start?
Quite by accident, while driving back from a weekend visit with her best friend from college 100 miles away, Charlotte was driving past a roadside motel she had seen many times before. However, this time as she casually glanced over at the quaint facade, she witnessed what appeared to be her husband walking out of one of the hotel rooms. Right behind him was a very young and pretty woman, laughing and smiling, catching up to take his hand, slow him down, and give him a kiss.
Charlotte nearly crashed her car! She pulled over when it was safe in order to compose herself and catch her breath. She couldn’t move. She could not believe what she just saw. Surely, she was seeing things and her mind was playing tricks on her, a play of the light, maybe. Maybe…
“No way would Kevin cheat on me”, she cried out to the empty car. But, she knew her eyes were not playing tricks because at just that moment Kevin’s car drove past with the couple completely unaware of who was watching. They were in their own little world and it did not include her.
Charlotte felt the most profound sense of loss, rejection, and aloneness she had ever felt in her life.
Charlotte and Kevin are purely fictional characters. However, the details of the story are played out day in and day out across Tampa, Florida and every other town and city across the state. It would seem no one is immune to this emotionally devastating event. However, not everyone experiences infidelity as there are couples who seem to dodge this most painful of bullets.
But, truth is, if you’ve spent any time dating and eventually married, chances are pretty good that while dating or married you experienced your partner cheating. Not every ones goes through it, but the majority of us have been on the receiving end at one time or another.
Infidelity does not mean the end of a relationship.
- Sometimes it does for a number of reasons.
- Sometimes the couple come together and realize they are better together than apart.
- We are all unique and no one story or consequence is the same.
If you are a single woman trying your best to cope with your partner’s cheating, but feel like you’re emotionally coming apart at the seams, therapy through Confidence Creator Counseling may be exactly what you need.
If you are a married woman who has years invested in her marriage and found out your husband has been engaging in another relationship, therapy with Confidence Creator Counseling may be just the place to help you sort out your feelings so that you can decide with a more clear head and heart your best course of action.
Family and friends are excellent sounding boards, but they have their limits.
- The majority of their responses will be biased because they love you and they’re mad.
- How many times do you think they will be able to listen to the rehashing of your husband’s dirty deed before they want to run out of the room screaming?
- Although well-meaning, their suggestions may not be in your best interest, but in theirs. You may not be able to tell the difference.
- They are not trained to remain neutral, but could very well re-trigger all the painful emotions you’re trying to heal.
- If you decide to work it out and move forward, they may think you’re a fool, a doormat, or weak for staying because you told them all your dirty laundry.
When you share intimate details of your relationship with someone close to you, the receiver of this information is forming a new, often times, forever opinion of your partner in a whole new light. If you stay, they will forever have a changed perspective of your partner which may or may not be good in the long run. Think about that.
Having a trusted counselor who is able to hold a supportive and safe place for you is immeasurable.
- Talking with friends or staying in your head can feel like you’re chasing your tail; all you do is go around in circles until you fall down in a heap of emotional exhaustion.
- No progress has been made, right back where you were two, three, four months ago.
- The emotional pain and vivid images are relentless, but your friends and family are telling you to just move on.
Well, maybe you’re not yet ready to do that. Single or married, it does not matter. A broken heart is a broken heart. We can only heal at the pace we are able.
Confidence Creator Counseling offers the support, space, and time necessary to heal.
Schedule our complimentary 20-minute consultation today and discover if you are ready to begin the healing process and move forward. After our talk you may feel you are not yet ready to do any emotionally healing. No worries. We are all different. But, you’ve made a connection and realize you are not so alone.
However, if at the end of your consultation call you discover you are ready to emotionally heal we will then schedule a time for you to begin the journey to a happier, more confident, powerful, and abundant you. Ready to…
Embrace Your Inner Lioness
Maybe it’s time you ask yourself the following..
- Am I Ready to move out of my imprisoning comfort zone and into a life that makes total sense to me because it is my soul’s blueprint?
- Am I Ready to take back control of my life?
- Am I Ready to let all the nonsense go?
If you are More Than Ready, go ahead and click on the scheduling button to schedule a complimentary 20-minute telephone consultation with me. Let’s chat and see where you’re at. Maybe you’ve been ready to make powerful changes for a few weeks, months, or even years. It does not matter how long. What matters most is your taking action NOW.
A life-changing action that can lead to FINALLY …
- Speaking Your Truth.
- Setting Healthy Boundaries.
- Never Settling for anything Less Than Your Heart’s Desire.
- Finding the love you so deserve.
- And most beautiful of all…Embracing Your Inner Lioness.